Our Vision: Orr Shalom's vision is to enable Israel's children-at-risk to realize their potential and their right to grow up loved, protected and respected, individual and special, in small therapeutic frameworks. Orr Shalom is committed to finding a replacement home for every child in its care, and helping the children break the cycle of abuse, thereby contributing to the resilience and moral fiber of Israeli society.
Orr Shalom currently cares for 1,300 children and youth, from birth to 18+ years old in the following frameworks:
- 22 therapeutic family group homes caring for up to 11 children each, including seven homes exclusively for seven adolescent girls each who have suffered traumatic abuse.
- Two intensive-care closed facilities for extremely high-risk boys and girls who cannot be integrated into any other program in Israel.
- 540 foster families caring for 806 children, 192 of whom are mentally or physically handicapped.
- Eight emergency foster homes, caring for 40 children aged zero to five.
- 65 foster therapy families caring for 93 children with a psychiatric profile.
- Two preventative care programs.
Our Mission: According to its therapeutic approach, Orr Shalom will develop and operate a range of therapeutic programs and services for children and youth at risk and their biological parents, from all sectors of Israeli society. Orr Shalom will help them overcome their emotional, academic and social difficulties and develop and integrate as independent citizens in the community.
Orr Shalom will be involved in placing the needs of children and youth at risk on the public agenda. Orr Shalom will advocate for the children's interests, and represent them with regard to the general public and the establishment.
The needs of the child are central, in addition to cooperation and dialogue with biological parents, the community and professional staff.
Orr Shalom will strive to serve the children in our care with dedication, innovation, learning, creative thinking, striving for excellence, transparency, and the smart use of the organization's resources.